Sunday, November 27, 2005

WAR OF THE CHANNELS

Two political parties, two channels therefore two news and what we get – truth from neither of them. I think people in Chennai would accept my view and can understand me better. For the unknown, it’s the battle between Sun TV held by DMK (political party) and Jaya TV (political & ruling party).

This is indeed what is happening. Each one tries to project a different picture, but the truth is left far behind. What Sun TV does do is, they project and bring into light only things which are against the ruling Government, in which they have succeeded to a huge extent. They never highlight things which the Government has been doing. They are always finding fault and accusing the other. I do accept the fact, that they are rival parties, but my question is Why Play with the Truth.

The Sun TV has got a huge audience appeal and they think they can do whatever they want, but my friends I tell you this, its tough climbing the pinnacle of the mountain but once you reach, you got to maintain, otherwise the fall is going to be sharp and fast.

With the ignorance of the people they are able to play a very tactful game. But all I can see is truly one motive, to bring bad name to the ruling Government. But I am not saying this wrong, it’s acceptable but why do they have to misrepresent facts. This is all one can expect when political parties hold channels. Speaking of this I wonder, how Dayanithi Maran can hold the post of Union Minister for Information and Technology when his family hold a TV channel… no wonder you get Sun TV in almost all parts of the world. I know it’s a debatable question all by itself.

According to the law, only those channels in which 3/4th of the equity is held by Indians, then alone can the television channel broadcast news. This leaves us with only these 2 channels, as Star Vijay and Raj TV are out of question.

What the Tamil audience at large lack is a proper Tamil / English news channel which covers all happenings in the state and also be able to provide the truth. At this rate, I definitely feel those days are not too far away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man..i didnt know of the Law which talks of 75% equity to be held by Indians if you want to broadcast news.

So, there's only Sun and Jaya could do news? I didnt know Raj was held by non-desis as well. wat a pity!

wat abt Engligh Star News channel? Star being foriegn, the news channel is dumped?

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you, recently i went to india and watch these two bulsheet TV news which is confuse the people. My advise is that both TV must be banned and people must know the truth of whats happening around them.