Wednesday, November 21, 2007

September till November

I haven’t actually posted anything on my blog but have been visiting the page regularly to write something and after adding bits and pieces every other day my final post is ready. Travelling is the reason y I haven’t been able to write. The second half of the year has been really great for me and traveling to different parts. F

First on the list was Chandigargh (Northern Part of India) where my stay was for close to 2 weeks.
Chandigargh – India’s first planned city and to say its actually well planned be it the roads or the buildings. Its neatly cut out. Lots of greenery and good people. And food – Punjabi food I don’t have to tell anything. During the course of my stay I had the opportunity to visit Jalander and Amritsar. My stop was at first in Amritsar – Golden Temple early morning at 4 am. And it’s a paradise on earth.. wat a mind boggling structure made out of 500 kg of Gold, I didn’t know much about the custom and tradition but really enjoyed the way things are done. Later the evening went to the famous Wagha border (now known as Atari) and witnessed one of the most beautiful sights. Indian and Pakistani soldiers showed their true class and power.

On the whole a memorable experience.

October saw my first trip to China – where the east meets the west. I stayed in the capital Beijing for nearly 3 weeks and witnessed one of the best be it food, people or infrastructure. China is easily 30 times developed than India and at the rate they are going I dunno who can stop them may be its language which will stop them. I also happened to visit Chengdu another beautiful place – voted as the best tourist spot. During my stay in Beijing got a chance to visit one of the 7 wonders of the world The Great Wall and am thrilled, happy name the word and I am really over joyed. I also visited the Summer Palace, Tianmen Square (The fmous studen revolution took place there) and Temple of Heaven. All beautiful places and well maintained. Love Beijing and didnt feel like leaving the place. I miss Beijing.

So this is the reason why I haven't been writing. Let me work out on a good post soon.

No comments: