Monday, July 16, 2007

The Parking at T.Nagar

On Sunday, I had the great privilege of driving pun intended in the crowded streets of T.Nagar at around 11AM. I was approaching Saravana Stores, the one opposite Panagal Park. The problem started then, where should I park my car, the security personnel outside the shop told me take the first left and you would find the place. I did follow suit and to my surprise I couldn't find a single parking spot so I drove ahead and ahead and ahead till I reached the end of the road. Thank God, there I could find a place between two houses and I parked, now the trouble started I had to walk back and it was gruel some long walk approximately 1km.

From now on, learned a lesson never take private vehicles to T.Nagar instead use public transportation which will have its own drawbacks but its better than walking 1 km.

I wish the authorities do something productive about the parking problems and the shop keepers also have a role to play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when every Indian starts to have 1 car, 1 bike as minimum in their houses, what do you expect? Make it compulsory paid parking - with the money being spent to build more car parks. Then people will have more park spots as well as the people not taking their cars into shopping because they have to pay up a sizable amount as car park charges.

Radhakrishnan Iyer said...

Normally saravana stores clientele does not come in cars.

with cars you should shop in spencer plaza or in globus or in shoppers stop or lifestyle